Thursday 27 November 2014

My current night skincare routine

Just like I make sure to take care of my skin in the morning (here you can find my current routine!), in the evening I like to treat it well taking off my makeup properly and giving it a good cleanse, exfoliation and nourishment.

Oskia Alpha H Sukin Kiehl's Night Skincare Routine

I start by taking my makeup off with a micellar water. The one I’m currently using is the Avène Micellar Lotion (not pictured), which is just fine. Takes off my makeup without irritating my skin, and that’s exactly what I need!

The next step includes one of my favourite products, the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. Sometimes I skip the micellar water and go straight to this, and it works amazingly at removing eye makeup too! It comes out as a orangey thick gel that turns into a balm-oil on the skin and into a milk when massaged in with wet hands. It contains Vitamin A, C and E, Omega 6, Starflower Oil, Pumpkin Enzymes, Chamomile and Rose, so it’s a lot more than just a cleanser! It leaves my skin clean, soft, calm and radiant, and it never fails to amaze me every time I look in the mirror after I pat my skin dry! I sometimes use the Clarisonic after adding water, and it works great with it too. May I add that I adore the smell? It’s just too good!

After this, on alternate nights, comes the skincare hero Alpha-H Liquid Gold, which contains one of my favourite ingredients, Glycolic Acid. It’s a clear liquid that I apply on a cotton pad and quickly swipe on my clean skin, and the effect is just amazing. It helps in keeping my skin clear and radiant, removing that upper layer of dead skin cells and stimulating cell metabolism and turnover. It also contains Lycorice to help reduce acne and hyper pigmentation, and the fact that there’s also some glycerine makes it slightly hydrating and gentle on the skin.

I then spritz some Skin Hydrating Mist Toner, an alcohol free mist that contains Chamomile and Rose to soothe and hydrate the skin. It gives a moist base to what I’m applying next, and the cooling effect is so beautiful! I especially love the calming properties of Chamomile, as my skin while it’s not overly sensitive can decide to bring back some redness now and then so that’s perfect for me!

The next product is my beloved Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, which is a wonderful lavender smelling oil that truly makes wonders on my skin. A few drops are enough for soft, radiant and hydrated skin in the morning, and it’s such a pleasure to use! It contains Rose Extract, Rosemary Oil, Squalane, Sunflower Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Geranium Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil, giving skin moisture, ceramids, essential fatty acids, calming and purifying properties and antioxidants too. And it’s going to last you ages too!

My night eye cream of choice is the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, which is a truly creamy eye cream that is perfect for night but also daily use. It leaves my skin soft and hydrated, and the consistency is great: it kind of mets in contact with the skin and when I finish patting it in and begin smoothing it out to ensure it’s been applied evenly I never tug at the delicate eye area. It contains Vitamin A and Avocado Oil and leaves my under eye are soft but never feels too heavy.

The last step is optional, as I only use it when my skin is asking for some moisture, or in place of the Midnight Recovery Treatment if I feel my skin is in need of some basic nourishment. It’s the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream, that I reviewed in this post. It contains lots of lovely oils but sinks in quickly, leaving skin soft and never heavy with product. I also use it under my makeup when I reapply it in the late afternoon for the night the rare times I’ve had time to do it, and it worked amazingly under makeup too. It still is wonderfully nourishing though: the weather here got cold in a rather drastic way and everything I’m using is keeping my skin more hydrated than ever. It has such a lovely consistency that I truly enjoy applying it!

Here it is, my rather long night routine that still takes no more than a few minutes. If I’m truly tired I simply use the Oskia cleanser and the Kiehl’s eye cream and Ultra Facial Cream, and to be honest it’s still absolutely fine, I just find that with a little bit more attention on a daily basis my skin simply looks better. I’m sometimes tempted by a more relaxed approach, but I notice my skin thanks me for that couple of simple added steps like the Liquid Gold and the Hydrating Mist, so I’m happy to quickly do them instead of having to face the issues every few days. I still love my masks and my Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial, but if they have less work to do everything looks better on a daily basis!

What’s your night routine looking like? Do you follow similar steps?


Proprio come al mattino faccio in modo di prendermi cura della mia pelle (qui potete trovare la mia attuale routine!), alla sera mi piace trattarla bene struccandomi come si deve e facendo una buona detenzione, esfoliazione e nutrendola per bene.

Comincio struccandomi con un’acqua micellare. Al momento sto usando la Lozione Micellare Avène (non fotografata), che va abbastanza bene. Strucca bene senza irritare, ed è proprio quello di cui ho bisogno!

Lo step successivo include uno dei miei prodotti preferiti, il Renaissance Cleansing Gel Oskia. Qualche volta salto l’acqua macellare e uso direttamente questo, e funziona meravigliosamente a rimuovere persino il trucco degli occhi! Appare come un gel molto consistente di colore arancione e quando viene massaggiato sulla pelle si tramuta in un olio-balsamo per poi assumere la consistenza di un latte quando viene aggiunta acqua. Contiene Vitamina A, C ed E, Omega 6, Olio di Stella Alpina (almeno è così che sono riuscita a trovare Starflower), Enzimi di zucca, Camomilla e Rosa, quindi è molto di più di un semplice detergente! Lascia la pelle pulita, morbida, calma e luminosa, e non smetto mai di stupirmi ogni volta che mi guardo nello specchio dopo aver asciugato il viso! Qualche volta uso il Clarisonic dopo aver aggiunto acqua, e va benissimo anche con quello. E soprattutto adoro la profumazione! È davvero stupendo.

Dopo la detersione utilizzo il famoso Alpha-H Liquid Gold, che contiene uno dei miei ingredienti preferiti, l’Acido Glicemico, a notti alterne. È un liquido trasparente che applico con un dischetto di cotone passandolo delicatamente sulla pelle detersa, e l’effetto è spettacolare. Aiuta a mantenere la pelle levigata e luminosa, rimuovendo lo strato superiore di cellule morte e stimolando il metabolismo e il rinnovamento cellulare. Contiene inoltre liquirizia per aiutare a ridurre l’acne e l’iper pigmentazione, e il fatto che contenga anche della glicerina lo rende leggermente idratante e gentile sulla pelle.

Vaporizzo quindi un po’ di Hydrating Mist Toner Sukin, un tonico privo di alcohol che contiene Camomilla e Rosa per lenire e idratare la pelle. Prepara la pelle alle applicazioni successive, e l’effetto rinfrescante è stupendo! Mi piace specialmente l’effetto calmante della camomilla, visto che la mia pelle pur non essendo troppo sensibile può decidere di far venir fuori qualche rossore ogni tanto quindi per me è perfetto!

Il prodotto successivo è il mio amato Midnight Recovery Concentrate Kiehl’s, che è un meraviglioso olio dal profumo di lavanda che fa davvero miracoli sulla mia pelle. Qualche goccia è sufficiente per svegliarmi al mattino con la pelle morbida, idratata e luminosa, ed è così piacevole da usare! Contiene estratto di Rosa, Olio di Rosmarino, Squalano, Olio di Girasole, Estratto di Enotera, Olio essenziale di Geranio e Olio essenziale di Lavanda, donando alla pelle idratazione, ceramidi, acidi grassi essenziali e avendo un’azione calmante e purificante unita anche a un’azione antiossidante. E dura anche tantissimo perché ne basta davvero poco!

La mia crema contorno occhi serale è il Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, che è davvero cremosa e perfetta non solo per la sera ma anche per il giorno. Lascia la pelle molto idratata, e la consistenza è fantastica: è come se si sciogliesse a contatto con la pelle e quando finisco di applicarla tamponando e la stendo con le dita per essere sicura di averla applicata in modo omogeneo non rischio mai di stressare l’area delicata del contorno occhi. Contiene Vitamina A e Olio di Avocado e lascia il contorno occhi idratato senza mai risultare troppo pesante.

L’ultimo step è un optional, visto che lo faccio solo se la mia pelle chiede più idratazione o al posto del Midnight Recovery Concentrate se mi sembra che la mia pelle abbia solamente bisogno di un po’ di nutrimento più basico. È l’Ultra Facial Cream Kiehl’s, che ho recensito in questo post. Contiene un sacco di fantastici oli ma si assorbe subito, lasciando la pelle morbida e mai appesantita. La uso anche sotto il trucco nelle rare occasioni in cui mi ritrucco nel tardo pomeriggio per uscire la sera, e funziona benissimo anche sotto il makeup! È comunque meravigliosamente nutriente: il tempo è diventato freddo in maniera piuttosto drastica qui e tutto quello che sto utilizzando mantiene la mia pelle più idratata che mai. Ha una consistenza così piacevole e mi piace davvero applicarla!

Eccola qui, la mia routine un pochino lunga ma che dura comunque non più di qualche problema. Se sono veramente stanca uso solamente il detergente Oskia, il contorno occhi Kiehl’s e l’Ultra Facial Cream, e onestamente va benissimo, trovo solamente che un po’ di attenzione in più quotidianamente la mia pelle appare semplicemente più bella. Ogni tanto sono tentata da un approccio un po’ più rilassato, ma noto che la mia pelle mi ringrazia per quei due piccoli step in più come il Liquid Gold e l’Hydrating Mist, quindi sono felice di farli velocemente invece di incontrare qualche piccolo problemino una volta ogni tanto. Amo comunque le mie maschere e il mio Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial, ma se hanno meno lavoro da fare tutto appare migliore quotidianamente!

Come è composta la vostra routine serale? Seguite degli step simili ai miei?

SHARE:

11 comments:

  1. Really want to purchase the midnight recovery concentrate, does it help with pigmentation at all?

    The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, I used it everyday at night and it just makes my skin so soft in the morning. You have an excellent routine there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gyudy, I'm glad to hear Liquid Gold works for you! That product totally eludes me, or should I say I just can't count on it. Sometimes my skin responds well, other times it doesn't seem to do much, and still other times it makes my skin angry. I used up the bottle I bought, but I won't repurchase. I have a sample sachet of that Kiehl's eye cream sitting around. With your backing, I'm going to crack it open soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got such a lovely night skincare routine. Really want to try the Oskia cleanser and the Kiehl's products, especially the eye cream. xx

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kiehl's creamy eye treatment is at the top of my wish list right now, I recently bought the Ultra face cream and my skin is literally drinking that up so hydrating! :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely agree with your assessment of the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil - it is a pleasure to use. I've never owned a full size but at one point had like 4 or 5 deluxe samples which lasted me for months. Use to love it when I lived in a colder climate. Looks like you've got your night time routine down!


    Beauty
    Isles | Blogiversary Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC and NYX

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very good night skincare routine. The Kiehl's midnight recovery oil is just a joy to use. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a pretty similar routine except i use a more gentle exfoliating toner morning and night and use liquid gold about once or twice a week. it's one of my hero products though and every time i use it i wake up the next morning with clearer, glowing skin. my skin just loves glycolic acid!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiehl's has some of the best skincare products ever. I love there eye creams most. Great post!
    www.beautyandwhit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. any good affordable dupes for the Oskia Cleansing Gel?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those products Gyudy! Some amazing picks you got. I personally use the Kiehls Advocado eye cream which I adore - and I have tried the Kiehls Midnight Recovery aswell which is also gorgeous! I tend to skip products every now and then because my skin seems to like that alot more for some reason! x

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig