Tuesday 25 November 2014

My current morning skincare routine

Since last summer, when I shared with you my skincare routine, everything has changed. I’m starting to run low of some of the products I’m currently using, so it’s time to share them with you!

Alpha H Kiehl's Clinique Odacité

While my approach to skincare remains the same (a religiously followed routine to keep my normal-combination skin calm and a change of products only if something has finished or stopped working), my morning routine has had a little change: I stopped using micellar water only as my morning cleanse and incorporated a cleanser, and I think my skin got better for that. We always learn new things!

My current cleanser of choice is Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser (here’s my Cult Bealty haul!), a mild non-foaming cleanser that I’m seriously loving. It never leaves my skin feeling tight as foaming cleansers can do and the Aloe Vera in it makes it really gentle, while the Vitamin E hydrates and neutralizes free radicals. It has a beautiful consistency: it’s slightly mousse like but it’s still creamy, and the important thing is that I look forward to using it in the morning!

As a toner, I’m using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facia Toner. Is more like a really liquid lotion with hydrating purposes, and it’s perfect for the colder months. Even the ingredients are really similar to the moisturizer and cream in the Ultra Facial range with Squalane and nourishing oils (you can read more in my post about them here!), and it’s a really pleasant way of injecting more moisture in the skin after cleansing.

I then apply the Alpha-H Absolute Eye Complex on the eye area: it’s a clear gel that’s really lightweight but still hydrating, and anything that can do something to improve and prevent aging on the eye area is a good thing! It claims to combat dark circles, puffiness and hyper pigmentation under the eyes, with mild flower acids, peptides and Hyaluronic Acid.

If needed, I apply a really light layer of Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. This stuff is seriously magic. If I see a tiny blemish coming or I spot a few stubborn clogged pores, a few days are enough to clear things up. I’ve never had a single blemish since this product first saved me from a massive breakout on my chin at the beginning of summer: as soon as I feel something under the skin, this comes into play and everything disappears. A true staple!

The last step is my morning moisturizer, the Alpha-H Daily Essential Moisturizer SPF50, which is the most amazing spf I’ve ever used. It dries mat while still being creamy, so it feels (and is!) more like a skincare step than a finishing one, and leaves skin really soft and protected thanks to the addiction of Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and honeycomb extract. The more recent addiction - we’re still talking weeks though - is one drop of Odacité Radiance Effect Booster in my moisturizer, which contains Camelia Seed Oil (extracted from antioxidant-rich Green Tea)  and Lemongrass. I tried using a couple of drops of this oil under it as a serum but it’s a bit too much for morning use, whilst one drop gives that little bit more nourishment to the skin without making things a bit too glowy. The uplifting lemongrass scent is the most gorgeous thing in the morning, so it’s another thing to love!

Here it is, my current morning skincare routine. It’s what I do every single morning to start my day well, my skin thanks me for that and it’s staying hydrated, glowy and calm even with the winter coming.

What’s your morning skincare routine looking like at the moment? Leave me names, I love having new things to try!

Da quando in estate vi ho parlato della mia routine skincare, è cambiato tutto. Alcuni dei prodotti che sto usando stanno per finire, quindi è arrivato il momento di condividerli con voi!

Il mio approccio alla cura del viso è rimasto lo stesso (una routine seguita senza sosta e un cambio di prodotti solo quando finiscono o smettono di funzionare), ma la mia routine mattutina ha subito qualche cambiamento: ho smesso di limitare la mia detersione mattutina alla sola acqua micellare e ho iniziato a usare un detergente vero e proprio, e la mia pelle ne ha giovato. Non si smette mai di imparare!

Il mio attuale detergente è il Balancing Cleanser Alpha-H (eccolo nel mio post sugli acquisti su Cult Beauty), un delicato detergente non schiumogeno che mi piace davvero molto. Non accade mai che io senta la pelle tirare come può accadere con detergenti schiumogeni e l’Aloe Vera lo rende davvero delicato, mentre la Vitamina E idrata e neutralizza i radicali liberi. Ha una bellissima consistenza: è simile a una mousse ma è cremoso, e la cosa importante e che mi fa davvero piacere usarlo ogni mattina!

Come tonico, sto usando l’Ultra Facial Toner Kiehl’s. Si tratta più che altro di una lozione molto liquida con proprietà idratanti, ed è perfetta per i mesi più freddi. Anche gli ingredienti sono piuttosto simili agli idratanti della linea Ultra Facial, con Squalano e oli nutrienti (potete trovare altre info nel mio post qui), ed è un ottimo modo per dare un po’ di idratazione in più alla pelle dopo la detersione.

Applico quindi l’Absolute Eye Complex Alpha-H sul contorno occhi: è un gel trasparente molto leggero ma comunque idratante, e ogni cosa che può migliorare o prevenire l’invecchiamento nell’area del contorno occhi è benvenuta! È designato per combattere le occhiaie, le borse e l’iperpigmentazione, con delicati acidi estratti dai fiori, peptidi e Acido Ialuronico.

Se ne ho bisogno, applico uno strato leggerissimo di Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel Clinique. È davvero magico! Se mi accorgo che un piccolo brufolo sta arrivando o noto una zona leggermente congestionata, bastano un paio di giorni per far tornare tutto alla normalità. Non ho più avuto un singolo brufolo da quando questo prodotto mi ha salvata da un brufolo incredibile all’inizio dell’estate: appena sento qualcosa sotto la pelle, lo applico subito e tutto sparisce. Una sicurezza!

L’ultimo step è il mio idratante da giorno, il Daily Essential Moisturizer SPF50 Alpha-H, che è il miglior spf che io abbia mai usato. Asciuga mat pur essendo cremoso, quindi sembra (ed è!) più un trattamento di un ultimo step protettivo, e lascia la pelle morbida e protetta grazie all’aggiunta di Vitamina E, Aloe Vera e estratto di nido d’ape. L’introduzione più recente - è comunque passata qualche settimana - è una goccia di Radiance Effect Booster Odacité nella crema idratante, e contiene Olio di semi di Camelia (estratta dal Te Verde antiossidante) e Lemongrass. Ho provato ad usarne un paio di gocce sotto l’idratante come siero ma è un po’ troppo ricco per la mattina, invece una goccia con la crema da quel po’ di nutrimento in più senza rendere la pelle troppo lucida. Il profumo tonificante di Lemongrass è meraviglioso, quindi è un altro elemento positivo!

Eccola qui, la mia attuale routine di cura della pelle. È quello che faccio ogni mattina per cominciare bene la mia giornata, la mia pelle mi ringrazia e si mantiene idratata, luminosa e calma anche con l’inverno in arrivo.

Quali prodotti usate al mattino in questo periodo? Ditemi, ditemi, mi piace avere nuove cose da provare!

SHARE:

17 comments:

  1. I've only recently been getting into skincare, and I'm always interested to see how others are doing it. I have to say, all Khiel's products sound so awesome... Also, now I really want that Clinique solution! It sounds seriously amazing.

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think it's important to change things up a bit once in a while as your skin can get used to the same products being used over and over again. You have a really good routine set in place. I'd love to try out Alpha H products they sound amazing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always changing my skincare. I've heard it's good so that the skin doesn't get "too used" to the products and stop getting benefits from them. Or something like it anyway. I love the sound of the Kiehl's toner. I need to add more hydrating products to my routine. Also need to add some Alpha H products to my list. I have never tried anything from the brand. x x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently began taking my skincare routine more seriously so I've just began discovering some products. All the products you've mentioned in this post sound amazing! But I wonder if they would be as good on oily/combination skin.

    Right now, I sticking to some Neutrogena and Eucerin products.

    http://salhaabuhayar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Clinique Blemish Gel, I find it to be really effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. they sound great and effective. enjoyed reading this post oh btw i have a giveaway on my blog come along and check it out


    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a seriously good routine Gyudy! Now you've made me curios about Alpha H! :-)

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just started using the Alpha H Cleansing Mask (can't remember the exact name) but I'm curious about rest of the range. That's a great routine, effective and not over the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great routine :) I really want to try the Clinique blemish gel!

    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a really good routine, all high-quality products, this is great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Gyudy, I have really only tried Alpha-H liquid gold, but since my experience with it was meh, I haven't looked at their other products at all! My morning routine is a quick cleanse (for the moment I use either the Bioderma mousse or the Verso cleanser), a bit of toner (bodhi Rosa Rosa), Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (when I run out I'm switching back to Polyphenol C15 for winter), and the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet/Vinoperfect Day Fluid. My routine actually doesn't change that much, and a lot of the stuff is my tried-and-true staples :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading more deets on your skincare routine. I used to use the Kiehls toner as well when I lived in a colder climate. It's a good one. In fact, Kiehls products in generally are great though I haven't incorporated them into my own routine for some time. I'm all about the oils these days, hehe.

    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC, and NYX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not actually come across Alpha-H but you have lovely skin so I'll have to have a look into them! xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely skincare routine! Thanks for sharing

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gyudy,


    I need to take some serious notes here. These products must be working, because your skin looks amazing!


    My morning routine consists for scrubing my face in the shower with a textured towel and a natural facial cleanser. I then follow-up with Argan Oil and Josie Maran Whipped Body Butter (I use this rich cream on my face only in the winter-time). That's it. I find the less products I use on my face the better off I am. Great post and thank you for sharing your skin care.


    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo the Clinique Anti-Blemish gel sounds interesting. I definitely want to try it!

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig